Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Little Smokies Snacks

Once again it has been a while between my posts. This is going to happen from time to time as I seem to get distracted and move on to other things. Lately, I have been crocheting. I am trying to make a blanket for my wife and I to snuggle under, but...it seems to be a much larger task than I at first thought. I am looking for faster crochet stitches than a double stitch, lol. I think an afghan stitch paired with entrelac will go together much quicker and be nicer than just a single color blanket. We will see :)

On to the food! Today I have made us a tailgating snack for lunch. I found this recipe on Pinterest just like the rest of the recipes I have made. Here is the link to the full post about this recipe. What I liked about this recipe was how easy it was to make. What I didn't like was how long it took to bake.

Here is how I started:



I started by slicing a package of bacon into thirds...


Then I popped open a package of these Cocktail Smokies (the Morrell version of Little Smokies, just as good in my opinion) and poured them on my counter :D


I laid the bacon out like this and...


Yes, I know I used this pic earlier, but it shows how I rolled the Little Smokie into the bacon and stuck it on a bamboo skewer....


I put six of them on each skewer, then covered with brown sugar...liberally, lol. Pop in preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes and...


An awesome, bacon wrapped, meat snack emerges ready to satisfy your bacon cravings! My kids loved these snacks as much as if not more than I did. And I LOVE BACON! This is definitely one that will be made numerous times...I may have to go make more now, haha :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment