Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Crock-pot Ranch Pork

Today I decided to try a recipe that I found on Pinterest. It was linked from Living, Laughing, and Loving. She has some great recipes and her "5 meals in 1 hour" concept is something I will be trying in a future post. I have just started this recipe and it requires 4 to 6 hours in the Crock-pot so I will begin with pictures of the initial preparation and update later tonight with pictures of the finished dish and reactions from my wife and kids.

First, I gathered the three (that's right, I said three) ingredients and put them within easy reach of where I was preparing this meal. The condensed soup also requires a can of water.


I began by putting the Cream of Chicken soup directly in my Crock-pot. I love shaking it out of the can. It reminds me of eating Cream of Mushroom straight out of the can when I was younger.


On top of which, I added the ranch dressing mix. I have never used ranch dressing mix as a seasoning before. I have always been curious to try it and see how it turns out.


To that I added the one can of water required for the condensed soup. The blog Living, Laughing, and Loving mentions that you could use two cans of cream of chicken soup, but I decided to try it this way first.


I started stirring this with a spoon as you can see in the previous picture, but decided a whisk would be a better tool for this step.


I added the pork, submerging it in the mixture of cream of chicken soup and ranch dressing spices. I'm not sure how necessary it was for me to submerge the pork, but it seemed like a good idea to me. I am only using five pieces of pork here.


I set my crock back in its base...


Set my Crock-Pot on low...


...and finally set my time for five hours (5 hours). Now I get to sit back and be tortured by the delicious smells coming from the Crock-Pot for five hours. I will be having some instant mashed potatoes and corn with this.

As promised, here are some pics from supper last night...


Here are the end results! Very scrumptious looking if I do say so myself :) But you don't have to take my word for it...




Here is my daughter, Jade, finishing off her plate. She really enjoyed the instant mashed potatoes I whipped up.

I added some garlic w/parsley to spice it up a bit.

She got her meat down before I could get to my camera :)

She is definitely my pickiest eater, and she gave this meal two thumbs up!

Tonight...nothing special, just spaghetti. Tomorrow I will be trying my hand at chicken and dumplings...I hope that turns out good :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!!! Love the a) 3 ingredients, b) slow cooker part, and c) ranch as seasoning!!!! Maybe we'll give it a go tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gina! Thanks for your comment :) I hope it turned out great for you! I really enjoyed using the ranch seasoning packet, it worked great with this recipe.

      Delete