Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Italian Herb Tilapia


Before we get started I just want to say that I am in no way a chef :) I like to try new recipes, and attempt to make up my own with whatever we may have in the house at any given time. They don't always turn out great, but sometimes I get lucky. This is one of those occasions where I got lucky :)

Believe it or not, this is from my youngest daughter's plate !
Tonight I decided to take some of the frozen fish we got from Aldi's and see what I could do with it. What you see above is the end result...well, what was left of it :D

The many ingredients...not the crackers though, lol.
First I grabbed my spices and butter. To quote Paula Deen on how much butter I used, "You know it's a good recipe if it starts with a stick of butter." Let me tell you, this recipe is no slouch. I used the spread here, but I know I put in a good stick of butter at least.



While we're talking about measurements, let me tell you how I do things. If it looks good then I go with it, and there can never be enough garlic :) So, on the Italian seasoning, cilantro, and garlic salt w/parsley I'd say go with "to taste".


From here on out things are really easy. I don't like thawing stuff out, so I cooked the Tilapia from frozen. First I preheated my oven to about 375F (no clue how to make the degree symbol). While your oven is preheating place the frozen fish in a glass baking dish, I believe mine is 9 x 13, but I'm not sure. Then I put about an eighth of a stick of butter on each of the four fillet's. Sprinkle liberally with Italian seasoning, cilantro, and garlic salt w/parsley. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. 

My youngest daughter eating her last bite of Italian Herb Tilapia :)
At this point I took the fish out of the oven to turn them. I decided they weren't cooking fast enough or something, lol, and turned up the oven to 400F (if anyone knows how to get that degree symbol throw it in the comments below :D). Once I turned up the heat and turned the fish, I again liberally sprinkled all the seasonings on them after distributing the remaining butter equally (assume one stick of butter half used before turning the other half after). I then placed the fish back in the hotter oven for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and serve. I sided this dish with green beans (drained then nuked in butter for 2 minutes), and baked potatoes (I nuked mine, but I suppose you could put them in with the fish).


No comments:

Post a Comment