Friday, August 24, 2012

Chicken & Dumplings...Crock-Pot

Today, I decided we'd have chicken & dumplings...ok, maybe I decided that yesterday, but here I am today committing to my decision. Besides, I have had the chicken for a few days now and really needed to do something with it and get the rest in the freezer to await another great recipe :)

 Here are all my ingredients. I only used four of the chicken breasts, and there are actually two cans of the cream of chicken soup.

 I started by placing my chicken in my Crock-Pot...

 Then, I poured the two cans of cream of chicken soup over then chicken and sprinkled with parsley...

 I love garlic, so I took this opportunity to add some garlic as well. I know what you're thinking...garlic? in chicken and dumplings?! Yes, and I hope it turns out ok :D Oh, and I hope my wife doesn't read this until after supper tonight, lol.

Here, I poured about half of a 32 oz box of chicken broth over the whole thing. I really went with just enough to cover the chicken, maybe a tad more. I used more chicken broth than the original recipe called for because I didn't like the idea of adding water when I had so much broth on hand, lol. Plus, I thought it would taste better.

 Set on low...


Cook for 4 to 6 hours. I like to go right in between with 5 hours, but that's just me. Oh, and after I got everything in and let it go for about half an hour I realized that my Crock-Pot wasn't plugged in...yeah, I know.... Also, my neighbor down the street brought me an onion which I threw in after about an hour of cooking.

As for the biscuits you saw in the picture, after cooking for 4 to 6 hours pull apart chicken. Cut each biscuit dough into 9 pieces. Add the biscuit dough to the Crock-Pot and cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes.

Hey everyone! I know it has been a couple of weeks since I have updated the blog, but there has been a lot going on. Anyway, here are the pics I promised of the chicken and dumplings :)

 I served my chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes (the Idahoan boxed variety from Sam's Club) and green beans (also from Sam's Club). The chicken and dumplings turned out great! I only used four chicken breasts and there was plenty of meat for the six of us.

Here is my oldest daughter, Rayven, enjoying a mouthful of her chicken and dumplings :) I think she's got a dumpling there, but I'm not sure.


Future posts to come this week. I recently made some smallish sandwiches which I will be blogging about shortly. That may be my next post. Sorry for my tardiness with this update and thanks for sticking with me throughout :) I will try to be more regular with my future posts. I am aiming for once a week, though I could post at anytime during the week.

Please leave comments and/or suggestions in the comments section of the blog and I will get to them as quickly as possible. Don't forget to Google +1 me, and like and share via Twitter and FaceBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment