Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hawaiian Kings Roll Sandwiches

Sammies! Who doesn't love a great sandwich? Here is a great addition to an already long list of awesome sandwiches out there :) I am calling this Hawaiian Kings Roll Sandwiches for lack of a better name. I saw some similarly made sandwiches out there, but I was first introduced to these by my wife's grandmother.

The list of ingredients:

Hawaiian King Rolls
Ham/Turkey - Really whatever meat you want is fine :)
Swiss Cheese (enough to cover all the sandwiches)
Butter (2 sticks/1 cup)
Worcestershire Sauce (to taste)
Garlic w/Parsley (to taste)
Cavendar's Greek Seasoning (optional and to taste)

 I began by greasing a couple of dishes to bake my King Rolls in. I just used some of the butter, about an eighth of a cup, or 1/4 stick.


Next, I sliced my King Rolls in half making sure to leave the tops and bottoms all connected as you can see above. I'm not sure of the necessity of keeping all the tops together and all the bottoms together aside from having the correct top for the bottom.


I then combined the remaining butter, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic salt, and Cavender's Greek seasoning in an 8" skillet over medium heat.


I let those ingredients simmer for a few minutes.

While my butter sauce was simmering I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and set my timer for 18 minutes. Just as a side note, with the 18 minute time my rolls came out a little crispier than I wanted. I reduced the time to 15 minutes and they came out perfect.



Then I coated the bottoms of the rolls with the butter sauce. I'd say, use about half the sauce here.


Add Swiss cheese. I quartered my cheese and used two quarters per sandwich. I had made these once before and forgot to buy cheese when getting the ingredients. The only thing I had at home was string cheese. I went ahead and used the string cheese, and I thought that had a better taste than this Swiss cheese.


Add ham and turkey...



Put the tops on and coat the tops with the remaining butter sauce, or you could save a bit to put over the tops when they are done, which I did.


Finally, enjoy the finished product. Here are my youngest, Finn and Ember, enjoying a King Roll sandwich. I caught Ember by surprise :)

As always, like, share, Google +1 me, and leave any comments or suggestions below. If you have any ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them and will give them a try and blog about it later on. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment